Saturday, June 1, 2013

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day weekend, we headed off to Charleston to see Great-Aunt Debi and her family. The most exciting part was going to the beach! This was my very first time being on a beach!

Quinn had been to the beach before, but he didn't remember it. He wanted to have his picture taken by this palm tree. We don't have palm trees in Atlanta.

Here I am getting my first look at the ocean.


 Quinn ran right to the water.

And loved it!

I wasn't so sure about the wet sand under my feet.

I loved the dry sand, though! Just like my sandbox back at school. I spent most of the day digging.


I tried to carry the dry sand down to the ocean to put it in, and was always surprised when my hand was empty by the time I got to the water.


Quinn LOVED the water.



Cousin Owen and his family were there with us, too.



We all dug in the sand a lot.




And wrote in the sand...



And laid down in the sand...



We decided that we love the beach!



After the beach (and a long nap), we went to Owen's house to swim in his pool!




The next day, we spent the morning at a really cool park under a really cool bridge. Here's the park:

And here's the bridge:













And we checked out the view from the pier.

We had lunch at a pizza place and Quinn and Cousin Owen really got to know each other. After lunch, Quinn said, "I really like Owen."




That afternoon, we went out to Folly Beach to see some friends of ours. They have triplets. Triplets!! Things were a little busy, so we didn't take many pictures. Just this shot. Grandma said that pier behind me is where she and Grandpa had their first date!

Our last day of our mini-vacation, we decided to hit the beach again in the morning. Quinn and Daddy went straight for the water and stayed there pretty much the whole time.









And I was very happy digging in the sand.


 We had a wonderful time with Aunt Debi and we are counting down the days until we can go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment