Monday, May 6, 2013

Chugging Along...

Our year has just been chugging along...

I really don't like having my picture taken, but I asked Mommy to take these pictures because I have a book that has a picture of an astronaut and a space for my picture so that it will look like I'm an astronaut. This was during my astronaut phase. 

I've had a lot of phases lately, even just within the last two months or so. When I get interested in something new, I pull out all the books, toys, costumes, and movies I have that are related and I play with them over and over and over.

Here I was in (another) Toy Story phase. I got a new Toy Story book that rekindled my love for those movies. And for Buzz. I even have Toy Story vitamins, fruit snacks, and underwear! On this day, I told Mommy I was not tired and did not need a nap. And then fell asleep on the stairs.

Then there was a Star Wars phase... This is my Darth Vader costume from the Halloween when I was younger than Logan is now. If I don't snap the legs, I can still wear it. (I have Star Wars underwear, too!)

Then there was the dinosaur phase. Here's a page I made for my class's book about what comes out of eggs.


Right now I'm in a Cars phase (as in the movie, Cars). These are the pictures I made to go next to my bed. I taped them up there myself. They're the characters from Cars 2 (I write the word cars with a "u" in it because the movie has it written in cursive, which I don't understand, and the "r" looks like a "u".)

This is Lightning McQueen.


Here's one I wrote yesterday. My writing is getting much clearer! When I started preschool, I really didn't like writing, but I'm getting so much better at it.

Right now, I like to "do work." I ask Mommy to find "work" for me to do. We have some activity books and we print out things from the computer. I take my "journal" to bed with me and work on it at nap times, too. I put important stuff in there like drawings of my friends and their names.


We just had Mothers' Night at my school. Mommy and I got to go to school at night and see my teachers and look at all the cool stuff we do.


Right now, my classroom has a camping area. Here's the tent (and my friend's grandmother). I'm in the tent with my friend John.


We all drew pictures of what we like doing with our moms. I wrote "I like going to my friend Owen's house with my mom!"

And this is the book we made about what mom always says. "My mom always says to stay out of the bad weather." Mommy can't remember ever saying that, but she might say it one day.

My writing is getting better, but you won't believe my reading! This is me reading a Batman book we had just gotten from the library a couple of days before. I make a few mistakes, but overall, pretty good job, I think!


Logan's doing great, too! He copies everything I do and I'm teaching him new things all the time. He still doesn't say his name or mine yet (still "Me" and "E"). We think it's hilarious.

We've been hanging out on our bikes (Logan calls his "vroom vroom")


He and I are doing great in our bunk beds. We entertain each other at night. We each have about 20 books in our bed.


He's having fun at "school." He's always smiling and doing his happy dance when he walks down the hall.

Basically, we're growing and learning and having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment