Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Mountain Fourth of July

This weekend, Grandma and Grandpa rented a cabin in the Georgia mountains

It was an awesome house right on the river.

On the first day, we took a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway.







On the ride up, we got some great views of the river.

We got off the train just over the border in Tennessee. It was Logan's first trip out of state!
We looked around the little town and did some shoppting.

 



We celebrated Grandma's birthday and made her a cake.

On Sunday, Daddy, Mommy, Uncle Kevin, Aunt Olivia, and Grandpa all went whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River. Daddy said Grandpa was scared.

On the 4th of July, we went out on Lake Blue Ridge on a boat. I helped Grandpa drive the boat.
And I helped him navigate.

We found a nice cove and got out on the water. I called it "surfing."


After boating and naps, Logan and I got into our 4th of July spirit.


After dinner, I learned about s'mores!




Uncle Kevin and Aunt Olivia's dog, Mady, liked the s'mores too. I gave her some of my graham crackers.

But I kept the chocolate for myself.

 

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment