Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kickin' It

Tae Kwon Do has become a big part of my days. I go to class two times a week. I started back in January and I've worked hard to move up the ranks. First, I got stripes on my white belt for learning the basic blocks and kicks.


Then I really got the hang of it and I learned all the white belt routines bit by bit.


I've also been practicing the 5 tenets of tae kwon do:
Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self-Control
Indomitable Spirit

That last one is my favorite. We repeat them together at the end of every class.

Now that I've learned so much, I became the leader of the class. This picture is blurry because we're running so fast, but this is me leading the other white belts jogging around the room.


My teacher is really tough. He doesn't let us get away with anything. He must have a softer side, though- he started calling me "Giggles."



One week I took the test to become a yellow belt. I had to show everything that I had learned so far. Here's part of my test:

And more:

And I passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment