Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Very First Camping Trip

This week was my Spring Break from preschool so one day we went up to the North Georgia mountains for some special fun. Mommy, Daddy, Logan and I went to Amicalola Falls (try saying that five times fast) for some hiking.
 

Logan had a pretty sweet seat.
 

The falls were pretty cool- they're the tallest in the Southeast!
 

I was mildly impressed.
 

 We had a lot of fun hiking. It was a beautiful day, too. Until it rained.


 After the hike we stopped for a picnic lunch.

Then we checked out the view from the top of the falls.



After the hike, Mommy and Logan went home, but Daddy and I went to a nearby state park to camp overnight.  It was drizzling for most of the afternoon, so we played games in our tent.  Here I am in my sleeping bag. 



It cleared up long enough that evening for Daddy to make a campfire and cook us dinner over the fire.  We had s'mores for dessert  - I got to toast the marshmallows all by myself.  The next day, we woke up early, did some more hiking and then drove back to Atlanta.  Daddy doesn't take many pictures, so we don't have any pictures outside of the tent.  I had a great time though and told Daddy I want to go camping again! 

Love,
Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment