Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July, everyone!!
We've been pretty busy celebrating this week-
On Thursday, Mommy and I did some patriotic sponge painting. I did the stripes, Mommy did the stars.

On Friday, we had a barbecue with our friends, the Burns, at their neighborhood pool. I had fun swimming, but I really had fun playing with the big kids in the sand volleyball pit. I helped by carrying buckets of water back and forth.

On Saturday, we went hiking at Stone Mountain.

I started out walking, but I ended up riding in Daddy's backpack. He needed help reading the map.

I liked finding the white trail markers on the trees and the rocks.

And of course, we found a playground. Whenever I see one, I say, "park!" until I convince Mommy and Daddy to let me play on it.

Today my friend Art came over to play and we went out to lunch.

This evening we went downtown for a picnic. They had a concert of patriotic music. I danced a little and wandered around.


We didn't quite make it to the fireworks- it's still a little past my bedtime. Maybe next year I'll see what all the fuss is about!
Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment