Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day at the Zoo

Today we went to the zoo! We had some free tickets and decided to brave the cold weather.

Here are three meerkats cuddled up to show you how chilly it was:
We saw a ton of cool animals.

The most active were probably the pandas.

There was a cool playground next to the naked mole rat habitat. I had fun playing there until I stuck my mitten in a puddle of cold, muddy water in one of the tunnels.
In the reptile house, they had tons of snakes and turtles. My favorite exhibit was this coin donation funnel. (Sorry for the poor video quality, I changed the settings on Mommy's camera and didn't tell her.)


There was a petting zoo where we got up close and personal with some goats and sheep.
After the petting zoo, we rode the carousel. Since I don't like staying still for too long, I tried out a couple of different animals. Here I am riding an otter.
We also rode a little train around the children's area of the zoo. Surprisingly, I stayed still for this whole ride!
All in all, we had a great day at the zoo!
Talk to you later!
Q

No comments:

Post a Comment