Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Time is Here... Part 1

Christmas was great!
Back when Grandma was visiting us in Georgia, we went to see Santa. This year Logan was the one who didn't want to sit with the big guy. I didn't talk to him here, but I decided to ask him for nothing specific. I said "He can bring me whatever he wants and I think I'll like it." (He ended up doing a pretty good job!)

Here we are in the aprons we gave Grandma last year. Hers says "Grandma Pam" and ours say "Grandma's Helper." We're pretty good at helping her bake cookies and we're even better at helping eat them.

Before Christmas, we loaded up the car, rented a movie for the ride and drove up to Grandpa George's house in Virginia. He's in his new house so we had tons to explore, including some new toys he got for us.

Logan has learned to say "cheese" for the camera, which creates this unfortunate (yet still cute) face. Every time.

Logan made a last-minute call to Santa to make sure we were on the nice list.

We got to visit with lots of Mommy's friends (but were too busy to take any pictures!), and Ms. Karen gave me this great Whack-a-Mole game. She must have known I need something to get out some energy when I have to stay indoors in the winter.


Logan's favorite thing to play with now is any kind of ball.

And of course snuggling with Grandpa.

 And trying on his boots.

He's got big shoes to fill!

And then the most exciting thing happened! It snowed! I have been talking about getting snow for Christmas for quite a long time and it was so lucky we were around for it.

Logan wasn't too sure about his first snow.

Christmas Eve night we left out cookies and milk for Santa and got all snuggled in our beds!

On Christmas morning, I woke up first and immediately went to wake up Grandpa George.

Then I broke into my stocking- I must have been pretty good this year, Santa was good to me!

He brought me Lincoln Logs!

After a while, Logan woke up and came to check out the scene.

He was much more interested in the one cookie Santa left behind.



I was sort of patient while we waited for Uncle Brian and Aunt Susan (with baby girl in tow!) to arrive. When they did, we got to open the presents!

Mommy made Logan and me our own personalized capes and masks.
 


I'm going to have to teach Logan about using his super power for good, not for hitting. 

We got lots of great stuff, like this name puzzle for Logan from Great Grandma Maggie. Thank you!



And then it was time to play in all the snow that we got overnight! A true white Christmas.



This was the little snowman we built the night before with just a little snow.


And THIS was the snowman we built with all the new snow!




We had a great time at Grandpa George's!

1 comment:

  1. So precious. I'm so sorry we missed you guys. Quinn is growing up so much and I could just eat Logan up! Congrats to Brian and Susan! I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete